Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

5th of November



The morning has just started and I've learned so MUCH already. It's November 5 you see and one way or another, bloggers appear to be out in force. I have to chuckle a bit. Very little keeps dedicated bloggers from writing. I stated my views on boycotts a few days ago, but there are some great posts that you don't want to miss.

  • See what designers are saying at Achariya's (more than one post - look for black backgrounds).
  • Read about Guy Fox Day and Susan B at Ashes to Ashes.
  • Learn about finding the creator of a product at Fab Free.

According to Wikipedia:

November 5 is the 309th day of the year (310th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 56 days remaining until the end of the year.

Many events of note have happened on this day. Besides Guy Fox's Gunpowder Plot and Susan B. Anthony's first vote for women:
  • 1895 – George B. Selden is granted the first U.S. patent for an automobile.
  • 1940 – Franklin D. Roosevelt is elected to a third term as President of the United States.
  • 2007 – China's first lunar satellite, Chang'e 1 goes into orbit around the Moon.

I'm not sure what today will bring for me, but it has a good start!

Go forth and make it a great day in whichever manner you choose -- and remember to be true to yourself and ENJOY!

** Calendar photo from free Canadian calendars here.

Comments

Ais said…
Thanks so much for the mention Chic. I have been a fan of yours for a long time, so to get a mention in one of your posts was quite an honor.

I personally am torn on the boycott issue and can see it from both sides. I have heavily favored the step it up campaign for the heavy concentration on awareness and minimal direct impact to original content creators in world income. It seems fitting that all this debate should happen on such a momentous day.

The part that has me confused is when the protest moved from a 24 hour even to a 48 hour event. Was it when someone realized that Fifty Linden Fridays have possibly become the biggest shopping event in SL or was it when Tuli planned her launch for that day, or was it always planned to go that long, I honestly don't know ...

But since I don't know, as a way of meeting things in the middle, I have decided to limit my spending, if I feel the urge to spend, to content which I personally know is original (hopefully created with a legitimate licensed version of the graphics software package not some student copy upgraded to a full version in an attempt to skirt licensing issues.). I will continue to try to educate other SL Residents about content theft and ways to avoid it and continue to promote legitimate content creators. And yes I will continue to blog because I think the most important tool we have in this campaign is knowledge and knowledge is shared through an open and honest free discussion of various opinions and positions.

Popular Posts