Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Winterfell - Moving In


There is a lot of news in my world; good news. And while I might look sad in the photo above, I am simply calm and wistful, settling in among the quiet hills and flowing water of Winterfell. 

I have been trying to find a home for my whimsical steampunk home from Builder's Brewery for months -- since the last STEAM HUNT. Themed sims are frequently difficult to get into, or exorbitantly expensive -- or both *wink*. The story of the last few days is long, complex and most likely not interesting to anyone but me and assundry relatives. So, you get the Cliff Notes version complete with new fashion.

click any photo for a large version


After a long day of land searching and missteps Wednesday, I gave it one last try in the early eve.

I came across Winterfell which has three sims that fit the bill. I had looked at Winterfell before, but there were no mixed use lots available.That eve there were four spots. Well, not really. There HAD been four but they had all be taken during the day except one. I liked it, but decided to sleep on it and let the fates decide if it was really for me.






Up early I purchased the lot and moved my house and a few furnishings in. Winterfell is a area of connected private lands. There are nine Winterfell sims and they connect to the Caledon sims. Hence, there is a lot of continuous land to roam and explore. There is no red tape or security here and the land is set at perpetual twilight. Electricity is a no-no as are bold shop signs and textures with "bright" turned on. The abundance of empty land, scenic public areas and four seasons make it  very idyllic.

























This is my little house / shop that I've been in love with for so long shown in the natural lighting of Winterfell -- as are the rest of these photos. My only neighbors are a canal, a hill and an ancient cemetery. A few houses in the distance remind me I am not alone.

Some very exciting news for me is that I applied to the STEAM HUNT at the last minute and was graciously accepted. My little shop, Steamy Victoria, will eventually house themed jewelry. Right now, there are only some homey decorations and my STEAM HUNT sign. I have lots more to share with you including a preview of one of the great hunt gifts to be had as the month begins, but that is for another post.

My lovely outfit is from the Grim Bros. MM board of a few days ago. It is one of the spots I check quite often. While some things are not my style, others are very, very nice like this jeanne rouge gown. Since many of the MM board gifts come from the shop I am guessing that it is still available there, and possibly with some sister garments in different colors.

My house, by the way, can still be purchased at Builder's Brewery. It comes with art, carpets and impressive outdoor lighting (gas of course). 

Style notes:

Hair: HOH Allie - coffee bean (NLA except special order from Hairy Situations)
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Eva (tone 6/br) dec VIP gift
Clothing: Grim Bros jeanne rouge gown
Accessories: STEAM 160 bead ruby and opal collar by Steamy Victoria (one of my gifts for the hunt that you'll see again later).

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
oh! this is just gorgeous! I'm so excited for you :) Can't wait to check out your shop.
Chandra said…
Congrats on the new home!! it looks SUPER-gorgeous, so very curious to stop by for a visit - i'll even dress up in more than pasties and little panties and show up full victorian for you ;-)

might be a fun photoshoot, actually :-D

Popular Posts