Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Midnight Shadows


































How many shades of black can there be?
Where does darkness end and light begin?
Only at midnight do we wonder.

Hyper Culture has just released a new dress called Lolita as part of their Couture Collection. As my shutter snapped away in the damp evening light I found myself watching. Watching the shadows, watching the gentle breeze in the trees, watching myself. I'm not exactly sure what mesmerized me this evening, but the dress played a part. I thought long and hard about why I so liked this design and found that I really had no answer. I could brood about it and wonder until morning, but, the particulars don't really matter. I just really like it.

It is a little bit retro and a lot of sophistication. The collar is ruffled and tall, the dress iteself a mixture of subtle patterns and shades. Tones of brown meld into black and gray jacquard, jacquard meets plaid, plaid meets the darkest of laces. It is a subtle and mysterious dance with each player preforming an important role.

I had the perfect gloves to go with the dress and they were still parked in my newness folder even though I have had them for awhile. They are from Paris Metro and part of  a "Box of Six Gloves for Fun" that I believe came in from DSN.  However they arrived, they are indeed fun, with each set very different from the last.

My sleek hair which boasts a braid wrapped bun in back hales from Calla and my earrings are from Gems & Kisses, a jewelry fair gift from last year.

I am not exactly sure what decade I am from in these photos. Perhaps the past, perhaps the future. But wherever I belong in space and time, I am definitely dressed in style.

Style notes:

Hair: Calla Cherry-Tree Brunettes (review copy)
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Eva (tone 5/br) 10a; Amacci ~ Eyelashes "Belle" - Black (review copy)
Clothing: Hyper Culture - Couture Collection - Lolita (review copy); Paris Metro: Sheer - Gloves
Shoes: Orange Creations #OC# Melanie- Satin Silver (review copy)
Accessories: Gems & Kisses - Gems - Black -

Poses by BehaviorBody's Gown Poses set. (review copy)

Comments

Popular Posts