Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Hair Fair 2010

Hair Fair 2010 starts tomorrow. Lots of great new hairstyles, freebies and a good cause. Put them together and you have a Second Life institution. This year's fair is in a Hollywood style tent city -- sort of an on location for the studio feel. The event spans two sims with lots of designers.

In this top photo I am wearing a dollarbie skin from t h e . o B s c e n e, gift hair from Majika, and a free dress from Ivanka Akina. The shrug is separate from the dress and there are lots of layers so mixing and matching is a possibility.

I started my tour at Amacci. They were at the top of the landmark list and I wear Amacci hair often. This Steve hair is actually for fellows, but it resizes easily. There are other styles in the gift pack, but I wear those all the time and newness is the theme of the day.

While you are at the fair, don't miss the bandanna booth. Lots of great styles for Bandanna Day and other laggy times . My favorite is the water jug one from Whimsy Winx (lower right). I made one for the sale, but didn't see it in this section so there may be more than one area.  My hair here is part of the gift from Damselfly .

I am ending this post with  Efreet by Tekeli-li, this year's  Hair Fair gift. I still have the previous hair fair gifts from this talented designer. The horns are separate from the hair, there are different version and different attachment points. The items are color scripted the old fashion chat way. Shown here with some no longer available fantasy skin, it definitely makes a statement.

Now here is my caveat for Hair Fair goers. Most of you know these things already. It WILL be laggy. It was horribly laggy this morning with almost no one on the sim. Textures were not rezzing well at all. Hopefully a region restart will fix that. Don't go naked, but dressing with just textures will help.

The tents are difficult to move around in. It is very easy to get lost. This not only from me but from the other bloggers I ran into. So, my best advice is to FLY and CAM, and start at one end of the sim and explore in a pattern -- that is if you don't want to miss anything. Above all, if you want to buy hair, JOIN THE  Hair Fair Demo GROUP that many of us have been mentioning.

There is a huge long list of bloggers for this event, so I suspect you will see everything there is to see on the feeds. Go. Enjoy, Support a good cause. And be patient.

And designers? Please be NICE to the bloggers. Insulting them just puts them in a bad mood :D. (Yes, that was a personal message. It made for a very tough photo shoot. I did my best. Enjoy the fair.)

Comments

Popular Posts