Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Job Hunters

Now I am not really looking for a job, but I like to keep abreast of trends and the current SL climate and from time to time I peruse the classifieds looking at property and rental spaces and employment offerings. This evening with a bit of time on my hands, I did just that -- and as you can probably surmise from my photo, it lead me on a surprising journey.

The most interesting intel of the eve was in the job hunting area. Now, anyone who has ever really looked for a job in SL knows that it is an adventure in itself. Some jobs are "always" open and some seem to be ads just to get you to the sim. That's nothing new. Tonight, however, I found several legitimate jobs (or so it seemed) that had application forms available. What surprised me most was that none of the five jobs I checked out mentioned duties OR pay. In effect you were applying for a job that was undefined. 

Would we apply for that kind of job in RL? Possibly, these days anyway, but the likelihood seems slim. Still I could see that a large number of applications had apparently been turned in. 

The most unusual job that I found this evening was for a magician's assistant. That's sounds like fun.


These photos were taken at The Ginny Business Center, where you can rent the office shown in the top photo for a mere $3000 a week with a 50 prim personal allotment. Now that is pretty steep rent, agreed. This is, however, a mucho impressive complex with lots of meeting and media rooms. I am guessing that the use of those comes with the office package. There are several occupied offices here including  a law office. Who knew?

It is amazing what you can learn on the adventurous whim.


Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: Maitreya Piper II - Autumn
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Jade (tone 4/br) :: 03a
Clothing: *Solange!* Winter Wool set with burgundy sweater
Shoes: A-BOMB wedges-leopard (Wear Gray exclusive) (new release for Wear Gray Day)
Accessories: Homespun Hornrimmed Glasses - LG; Lark - Leather & Cord Bag; *JaqueMate*-Pocket Watch-necklace (STEAM Hunt)

Poses by: Vain and Elisa

Comments

Popular Posts