Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Home Fires - Snowy Harbors

,

It is the nearing the end of our calendar year, a time for reflection and taking stock of all we can be grateful for. Even in difficult times, the list is long if we look for the little things. I am thankful for even the smallest blessings. This photo sort of says it all -- to me at least.


If you hadn't already guessed, I moved back to Winterfell. It wasn't a plan; my moves hardly ever are. It was a series of somewhat bizarre, somewhat lucky occurrences that had me clicking the buy button on a new section of land. It is very near my old homestead, but those meters make a big difference. And my fairy godmother landlady did a bit of stealthy land moving in the night to give me a corner spot on Winterfell Harbor complete with islets. From grand to posh all with a few stroke of a mouse. Imagine how surprised I was to see my improved space the morning after purchase!

I never dreamed I would actually get to use the fantastic house from Builder's Brewery (Steam Hunt 3). It is a pleasure to live in. Primmy? Yes, but it is worth every debit in my 703 budget. Tall ceilings with curved leaded glass skylights, fans, a central fireplace; it is definitely the fanciest place I have ever lived. I added some old favorites and some items I had yet to use. A few new things came my way, a few purchases made. It only took me a couple of hours to move in. All that decor designing had me in practice; I move speedily these days.


I wear period clothes often when living in Winterfell. It is appreciated but not required. Sometimes comfort takes priority, My soft and cuddly jammies are from Piddle on the $10L Happy Holidays From ... Hunt.  The couch above is from { mudpie } , a collaborative build available at La Petite Morte. The store has just completed renovations and has a very fun wintry theme, so stop by and take a peek. The couch comes in a two version pack, this style with dark walnut arms (click the photo for a larger version and better detail) and an all fabric style. So whether you home is traditional, modern or shabby chic, one style fits right in. A variety of colors are available.



Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

HairLTRUTH Melinda - pumpkin
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 04
Clothing: PIDIDDLE - Santa Baby PJ's Pants -

Poses by: EverGlow (I hope), and the props

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
beautiful place, Chic! and what a lovely way to spend the winter :)

Popular Posts